[Koha] Koha without virtualhost

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Mon Jul 10 13:22:52 NZST 2006

Abdrahamane ANNE wrote:
> The default koha-httpd.conf use virtualhost directive to map koha
> install to web site adress. Thus the koha installation appears as in a
> separate host e.g
> http://opac.mylibrary.tld/
>
> I would like koha appear as a subdir of of my webserver DocRoot.
> Has anyone succed to make work without a config allowing address like
> this :
>
> http://mylibrary.tld/ => for my library homepage
> http://mylibrary.tld/opac/ => to access koha opac httdocs dir
> http://mylibrary.tld/opac/cgi-bin/ ==> for the opac cgi-bin dir
> http://mylibrary.tld/intranet/ for koha intranet part.

Just to let you know that your not the only one that wants a Koha setup like that.
I also had the same query (see 16-06-2006, "How to setup httpd.conf to use
domain/opac instead of opac.domain or domain:port").
Chris Cormack replied that there is no easy way to do it except by using some
mod_proxy stuff. I looked into that but it was a bit too complex for me to attempt at
present. I spent ages fidgiting with apache confs trying to do it to no avail. I'd be
interested in a solution.

Mike
--
Michael Lake