[Koha] Going with Koha as an automation system

Russel Garlick russel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jun 23 10:14:16 NZST 2006

Hi Oliver,

 > We're thinking of going with Koha as our ILS and would like to hear
 > people's experiences with adopting it as their catalogue.  Both the good
 > and the bad.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Oliver D. Bernuetz

As a representative for a Koha support company, I can tell you that this
largely depends on :

a how closely your requirements match the features in Koha.

In our experience every library is slightly different and want to work
is slightly different ways.

and more importantly,

b what format your current data is in.

Most of the trouble we have is when clients are unable to get all of
their data out of their current system.

So the data extraction (which you would have to do if you were changing
to any library system) is normally the bit that causes the wailing and
gnashing of teeth.

Cheers
Russel

--