[Koha] Re: Koha Digest, Vol 8, Issue 19

Amzari Abu Bakar amzari79 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 15:08:08 NZST 2006

Hi Nitin,

I have tried once, migrating from windows to Koha. You can backup your Database using either mysql command or Mysql Administrator if you are not familiar using command line. mysql Administrator is pretty easy. You can download it from mysql.com. You can follow the following step:

1. Check your Koha version. eg: 2.2.4. So, you need to install 2.2.4 version first on Linux.
2. Install Koha on Linux.Make sure it is running well.
3. Backup your Koha database in Windows. it will generate sql script.
4. Restore database (run this script) in Linux.
5. Map database which Koha would read to your new database. You can do this inside /etc/koha.conf

After that, if it is work well, you can run upgrade script to upgrade to a newer version (eg: 2.2.5).

Hope it can help.

Amzari Abu Bakar
FingerClick Solutions
"Assisting Koha in Malaysia"