[Koha] Emilda and Koha: how to choose between them?

bluejaydesign at sympatico.ca bluejaydesign at sympatico.ca
Thu May 18 02:43:54 NZST 2006

Hi Paul,

I do not know anything about Emilda, however, I have installed Koha for our church (about 6200 items), and had no background in Linux whatsoever when I started. Maybe it is just my stubbornness, but I have it running, and the Z39.50 server functions great, as all other functions I have used so far.
I am not a librarian, (mechanical designer) but MARC21 is not as complex as it looks like, and the Library of Congress has some usuful tutorials to get started.
I also had great help from the librarians at the public library.
Cheers for all the librarians at Newmarket Public Library! (newmarketpl.ca) (But I want to mention here that searching in Koha is way, way better than their Horizon system, it sucks)

As for the newsgroup here; very useful, answered some puzzling questions, and there is also quite good documentation on kohadocs.org.
So, that's my short sweet opinion.