[Koha] Regarding KOha OPAC run time error!

Gerry Arthus garthus at lilrc.org
Wed May 17 04:15:59 NZST 2006

Gowri,
These errors are easy to fix, install Koha on Linux. Seriously, Library
OPACS do not run well in the Windows OS, this has to do with basic
windows architecture. Unless there is a compelling reason to run Koha on
a windows box I would not recommend it. If you are using the box for
other applications, this is also not an optimal situation since
production servers should not be used as workstations generally.  Since
Linux can run on low end machines (some of which win XP cannot run on)
you could always set your server up on a secondary box. For most people
this does not even apply since one could build a very robust Linux
enterprise server using CENTOS (the open-source version of Redhat
Enterprise Server) and a box built with about $280 US in parts.
Considering what libraries here in the US pay for servers and library
OPACs, this is a very good deal.

Gerry

 Swaminathan wrote:
> Sir/Madam,
>
> I am getting the following error while trying to run koha in my
> windows xp machine. My Apache, My SQL and ActivePerl has been
> installed according to Koha installation documentation. Please Help
> immediately.
>
> Gowri
>

>   Server error!
>
> The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
> your request.
>
> Error message:
> Premature end of script headers: opac-main.pl
>
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
>

>     Error 500
>
> opac
> 05/10/06 14:57:17
> Apache/2.0.55 (Win32)

Gerry Arthus
Systems Administrator:
Long Island Library Resources Council
SUNY at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, New York
US          11794-3399
Phone: 1-631-632-6652
FAX: 631-632-6662
Home: 631-289-7565
Email: garthus at lilrc.org
Professor: Departments of: Graduate Computer Engineering, Earth and Environmental Science, and Engineering Management
C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, New York US 11548-1300
Phone: 516-299-2293