[Koha] Koha and LOC Classification

Yohannes Mulugeta yohannesmulu at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 20:02:09 NZST 2006

  Dear Michelle Campbell;
  You can get rid off the problem by editing the default MARC framework. Edit the default MARC framework: use the tag 050 subfield 'a' (Classification number) and link it with the Koha biblioitems.classification.

  We (Addis Ababa University Libraries - Ethiopia) have been using Koha for the last 1 and years.

  Yohannes Mulugeta
  Reference and System Librarian
  Addis Ababa University Library System
  P.O.Box: 1176
  Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

        From   "michelle campbell" <michelle.campbell at gmail.com>    Date   Monday, May 15, 2006 8:09 pm    To   koha at lists.katipo.co.nz    Subject   [Koha] Koha and LOC Classification          Hello,

I am having some trouble setting up the catalogue to use Library of Congress classification.  Even if I set the field as "Mandatory" within the Biblio framework, the field still does not show up within the "Add Biblio" field.  Can anyone offer me advice on how to get around this?  I've looked through the archives and documentation and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Thanks!
Michelle Campbell

--
Michelle K. Campbell
Librarian

Phone: 020.7813.3225

Yohannes Mulugeta (M.Sc.)
Chief Librarian, The Faculty of Business and Economics Library
Addis Ababa University Libraries
P.O.Box: 5563
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia