[Koha] Updating database

James Weinheimer j.weinheimer at aur.edu
Tue May 9 22:57:52 NZST 2006

Actually, if I understand this question, it's one that I would also like to
know the answer:

Is there a way of overwriting a record already in the database (not in the
MARC reservoir)? This would be a very nice function which could allow for
the creation of "temporary" or "preliminary" records that could then be
overwritten by another record downloaded from another library. Of course, we
would need to retain acquisitions and circulation information. There could
be various levels of control in this, too (e.g. overwrite certain fields but
not others).

Thanks,
Jim

James Weinheimer  j.weinheimer at aur.edu
Director of Library and Information Services
The American University of Rome
via Pietro Roselli, 4
00153 Rome, Italy
voice- 011 39 06 58330919 ext. 327