[2] [Koha] installation finished but koha does not appear on my browser

Stefan Gesing taoiste at gmx.net
Mon Apr 24 20:53:55 NZST 2006

>MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote on 21.04.2006 13:47:08:
>
>Stefan Gesing <taoiste at gmx.net>
>> and i tried to simply open the mainpage.pl files directly with
>> mozilla. Mozilla then asks me which program it should use to
>> open the .pl file...
>[...]
>> I use debian 3.1 sarge, [...]
>
>I can't remember whether it's the case on sarge, but some debian
>apache2 packages did not enable CGI by default. Check for
>/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/cgi.conf and cgi.load
>Another possibility is a suExec problem: check the main
>/var/log/apache*/error.log after a restart to see if you're
>using suexec.
>
>The Mozilla asking what to open .pl with means that Apache is
>not running the CGI script for some reason. (I guess we should
>not keep .pl under DocumentRoot in general, but it was useful
>sometimes.) Find that reason and you can fix your koha.
>
>Hope that helps,
>--
>MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
>Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask

Ok, meanwhile i've fixed it, i hope.
I've made a new linux-installation (-this solution very likely only
works at home...-) , then, when installing koha, i chose the
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf file, not the httpd.conf. Opened the
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf and inserted:

         Include /etc/koha-httpd.conf

right under the already existing line that says

         Include /etc/apache2/ports.conf

and then into the /etc/apache2/ports.conf I inserted

         Listen 8080
         Listen 80

hope I'm not boring you ;-), I'm sure somewhere in the
documentation these actions are precisely described, but maybe this
is of help to someone, someday.

Greets,
Stefan