[Koha] installation finished but koha does not appear on my browser

Stefan Gesing taoiste at gmx.net
Fri Apr 21 22:54:57 NZST 2006

Hello,
i finally went through the koha installer.pl without any trouble, but
now i can't see what to do next. I told Mozilla the following:
http://localhost:80/opac
http://localhost:8080/intranet

the same without '80' or '8080', which was very succesful when i had
koha installed on windowsxp

and http://usr/local/koha/cgi-bin/opac/mainpage.pl
(the path may not be quite exact, but you probably get the idea)
and i tried to simply open the mainpage.pl files directly with mozilla.
Mozilla then asks me which program it should use to open the .pl file...

after doing some research in the mailinglist-archives, i guess it may
be a problem with the paths, hosts or similar, set in the .conf files.

my
etc/koha.conf reads as follows

   database=Koha
   hostname=localhost
   user=kohaadmin
   pass=hidden
   intranetdir=/usr/local/koha/intranet
   opacdir=/usr/local/koha/opac
   kohalogdir=/usr/local/koha/log
   kohaversion=2.2.5
   httpduser=keuch
   intrahtdocs=/usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl
   opachtdocs=/usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl

koha.httpd.conf:

   # Koha 2.2 Apache Virtual Host Config File
   #
   # Please include this file in your apache configuration.
   # The best way to do that depends on your site setup.
   # Some like an Include adding to /etc/apache/httpd.conf
   # and some prefer a symlink to this file from some dir.
   # Please refer to your system manuals.
   # Ports to listen to for Koha
   # uncomment these if they aren't already in main httpd.conf
   #
   #Listen 8080
   # NameVirtualHost is used by one of the optional configurations
   detailed below # Please make sure this line is correct before
   uncommenting. # See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/ for some
   guides. #NameVirtualHost 11.22.33.44
   # KOHA's OPAC Configuration
      <VirtualHost Rurik:80>
      ServerAdmin c at d.c
      DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
      ServerName Rurik
      ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
      Redirect permanent index.html http://Rurik:80/cgi-bin/koha/opac-
      main.pl ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
      TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log
      SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
      SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
      </VirtualHost>

   # KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
      <VirtualHost Rurik:8080>
      ServerAdmin c at d.c
      DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
      ServerName Rurik
      ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
      Redirect permanent index.html http://Rurik:8080/cgi-
      bin/koha/mainpage.pl ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
      TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
      SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
      SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"

      </VirtualHost>
   # If you want to use name based Virtual Hosting:
   #   1. remove the two Listen lines
   #   2. replace Rurik:80 wih your.opac.domain.name
   #   3. replace ServerName Rurik wih ServerName your.opac.domain.name
   #   4. replace Rurik:8080 wih your intranet domain name
   #   5. replace ServerName Rurik wih ServerName your.intranet.domain.
   name #
   # If you want to use NameVirtualHost'ing (using two names on one ip
   address): #   1.  Follow steps 1-5 above
   #   2.  Uncomment the NameVirtualHost line and set the correct ip
   address

I hope this is a simple problem and someone can tell me what to do, i
am grateful in advance.

I use debian 3.1 sarge, and i can remeber that during the debian setup
i encountered a message saying "your dhcp-network can't be
autoconfigured" and me choosing "leave it unconfigured" from some
options. Maybe a problem here?

Greetings,
Stefan Gesing