[Koha] Question on Migrating MARC records

James Weinheimer j.weinheimer at aur.edu
Fri Apr 7 01:45:33 NZST 2006

Hello,

I am working with Koha for our library, and I love it so far, but I am sure
I will have many questions in the future. I have successfully converted my
UNIMARC records into MARC21 records to load into a test Koha database
(except for the diacritics!), but my current catalog cannot export the
holdings records along with the bibliographic records in MARC format as you
have directed. (I've already asked the creators of the catalog and they say
they can't do it. Another reason to go with open source!)

Things would be much easier for me if I could control the primary key
(biblio.biblionumber) for the migration into Koha. Then it can be assigned
automatically. I've looked to see if this has been answered before, and I
couldn't find it.

Thanks,

James Weinheimer   <mailto:j.weinheimer at aur.edu> j.weinheimer at aur.edu

Director of Library and Information Services

The American University of Rome

via Pietro Roselli, 4

00153 Rome, Italy

voice- 011 39 06 58330919 ext. 327