[Koha] New to KOHA

Steven F.Baljkas baljkas at mts.net
Wed Mar 1 21:15:34 NZDT 2006

Wednesday, March 1, 2006    02:11 CST

Hi, Brooke,

Just one quick comment ...

> From: "BWS Johnson" <mhelman at illinoisalumni.org>
> Date: 2006/02/28 Tue PM 07:08:46 CST
> To: <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: [Koha] New to KOHA
>
> Salve!
>>
> > Also, I don't know that you need to have an easy MARC record per se:
> > [snip] ...
>
> I'd agree that it's better to have too many MARC tags visible than too
> few. The neat thing about the harrowing setup of the parameters is that
> you may select which tag shows where. When I set up my tags, I put the
> absolutely crucial stuff on the first tab. If my clerks never made it to
> the next tab, no big deal :)

What a incredibly simple and brilliant idea! You rock!

There's something that Joshua et al. could consider implementing into the core distribution during the Zebra re-engineering. That way, folks unsure of MARC wouldn't be overwhelmed by it and MARC structures/compliancy not undermined by fears of the new and strange!

Cheers for Brooke everyone! :-D

Vale!

Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large