[Koha] New to KOHA

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Wed Mar 1 14:08:46 NZDT 2006

Salve!

>Also, I don't know that you need to have an easy MARC record per se: by
that,
>I think you mean a record with just certain core fields, right? When
would
>*you* (your library system) not want a complete MARC record? There are
always
>the distinctions between 1st level and 3rd level description (nobody
expects
>that you would do 3rd for everything ... I hope! If so, push for a pay
>increase ;-D).

I'd agree that it's better to have too many MARC tags visible than too
few. The neat thing about the harrowing setup of the parameters is that
you may select which tag shows where. When I set up my tags, I put the
absolutely crucial stuff on the first tab. If my clerks never made it to
the next tab, no big deal :)

Cheers,
Brooke @ Hinsdale MA