[Koha] Koha Newbie With Hardware Questions

Jennifer Pritchett earlparkfotl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 05:09:16 NZDT 2006

Hello Fellow 'Kohaians',

Hi all. Our small library (around 18,000 pieces) is getting set to install
and use Koha. We really like the open source idea, and believe we have IT
help to get it done.

Our question is this: What hardware, exactly, will we need?

We know we will need scanners, as well as competent computers to house Koha,
we just aren't sure if there is a 'preffered' type. Any thoughts?

Second, we already have quite a lot of 'dummy barcodes'. Will Koha allow us
to use those, or do we -have- to use a printer for that?

I'm very excited about this project, and appreciate the community that is
here!

Jen