[Koha] Item Call Number

KL Nasveschuk klnasveschuk at klnconsulting.net
Fri Feb 3 05:42:27 NZDT 2006

I have a similar problem with call numbers not showing where you would
think they should be. Any suggestions on this.

I'm using the NPL theme.

Here is an example:

Search for "whale" in OPAC returns hits. "Call number" for all hits is
empty, however "Available at" has the branch with local call number in
parentheses. This makes sense because the call number sound follow the
branch.

If I open an individual record from OPAC, the "Call number" is again
missing and "Location" contains the branch with local call number in
parentheses. This also makes sense.

If I go in through kohaadmin and look at a particular record with copies
"barcode" shows up correctly
"Local call number" shows up correctly
"homebranch" shows up correctly
"holdingbranch" shows up correctly

items.itemcallnumber is mapped to 952h. I populated tag 952h with the
local call number when I loaded the data using bulkmarcimport.

Try it:

http://www.wareham.mec.edu:8000/
Search for "whale"

#2)
How can I deal with duplicate barcodes in different branches? I have
branches that used to be independent now they are part of a system of 5
schools. If I go to check out a book, sometimes it will take the barcode
from a different branch.

Kent N