[Koha] South American libraries

Han, Yan hany at u.library.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:03:42 NZDT 2006

I have been looking at different open source ILS, and is using koha for a union catalog.

Namely, koha, openbiblio, WEBILS, and GNUTeca are some of the examples. A faculty member told me that GNUTeca is popular in South America.
Here is a quick overview http://www.anctil.org/users/eric/oss4ils.html

Koha probably is the most used and the one with most of features that libraries need. I had some comparisons between koha and other ils.

In addition, when thinking of open source ILS, you probably should look at the changing env of information resources. ILS is no longer the only/central system of a library. ILS needs to talk to other digital systems to make an integrated information env for users.

Yan Han
U. of Arizona