[Koha] Something new with bulkmarcimport.pl

Andro Gagne apgagne at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jan 5 21:31:18 NZDT 2006

Messrs. Vahau, Laurent, and Hedges,

	Thanks again for your assistance with my bulkmarcimport.pl and @INC
issue.  With your help, I was able to import a bunch of MARC21 records
using bulkmarcimport.pl.  Unfortunately, I also saw a large number of error
messages that make me suspect that a large number of the records were not
imported.  Most of the error messages read like this:

"DBD::mysql::db do failed: Access denied for user: 'myuserid at localhost' to
database 'libcat' at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 331."

A few of the error messages were exactly the same as the one above, except
that the Biblio.pm line cited was 426.  The last line of
bulkmarcimport.pl's screen output was:  "1572 MARC record done in
731.838590145111 seconds."

	When I searched for some of the records using either the OPAC user
interface or the librarian interface, a bunch of them clearly had been
imported.  I read the Biblio.pm code pertaining to the code lines cited,
but I'm not yet familiar enough with the Koha code to figure out what went
wrong.  I also wasn't able to figure out a way to determine how many
records there now are in the OPAC.  ("*" apparently cannot be used to
search for all possible values in a field.)  Can you tell me what the error
messages cited above were trying to tell me?  Does "1572 MARC record done
in 731.838590145111 seconds" mean that 1,572 records actually were imported
into the OPAC database?  Is there a way I can quickly double check how many
records there are in the OPAC?

	Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Andro P. Gagné