[Koha] I need to add a path to @INC for KOHA, how?

Andro Gagne apgagne at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 3 17:50:35 NZDT 2006

List members,

         At 09:07 PM 1/2/06 -0500, Marty Jongepier wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am in the process of installing KOHA on a Debian Sarge system, and I am
>kind of stuck.
>
>I need to add the path /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4 to @INC, perl
>complians that it cannot find this path, and rightly so, because it is not
>in @INC

         I have Koha installed and running on Debian Woody at a museum
where I do volunteer work as a librarian, and I'm having the same problem
when trying to use bulkmarcimport.pl to import MARC21 records.  I checked
the Koha mailing list archive and found an e-mail from Stephen
Hedges--http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2005/008650.html , dated
1-22-2005--which suggests a fix to use in the bulkmarcimport.pl
script.  Unfortunately, this e-mail doesn't discuss why this problem with
the @INC array exists in the first place.  If someone could point out which
Koha Perl script sets the contents of the @INC array, where the script is
located, and how I can modify it, I would appreciate it.  (I do have some
experience with Perl.)  If someone could also suggest a reason why the
script responsible for @INC isn't including the path to C4, that might also
be helpful.  Finally, is there a command I can use to view the contents of
@INC (other than trying to use bulkmarcimport.pl and reading its error
message)?  It does not appear when I use the env command to view
environment variables.

         Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Andro P. Gagné
P.O. Box 715