[Koha] Re: Repeatability of subfield

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Dec 20 02:25:35 NZDT 2005

Thomas D a écrit :
> Paul,
>
> That is interesting.
>
> Could this trick be used for creating repeated subfields interrupted by
> other subfields such as the following example?
>
> 260  ##$aParis :$bGauthier-Villars ;$aChicago :$bUniversity of Chicago
> Press,$c1955.
>
> Could this trick be used for creating subfields out of alphabetic sequence
> such as the following example?
>
> 650  #0$aArchitecture$zIllinois$zChicago$xHistory$vPictorial
>
> Do you have any other under documented tricks for us?

No, but in 2.2.5, there will be 2 new features :
* a systempref, called hide_marc. Libraries that want MARC but not too
much MARC can set hide_marc to ON, and hide all
fields/subfields/indicators...
* for libraries with hide_marc=OFF (default value), there is now a
button to reorder subfields + possibility to change the subfieldcode.
I don't think actual MARC editor will be able to be improved more, it is
really "fat code", which is alway a bad thing. but joshua & some
students are working on a new external complete MARC editor, that will
be included in Koha, of course.

--
Paul POULAIN