[Koha] Koha without ports

Robert Flach webmaster at allauthors.com
Thu Dec 15 06:59:51 NZDT 2005

I'd like to install Koha 2.2.4 on a server where it will be integrated
into an existing website. For various reasons I need to limit web
activity to the default port 80. This means I need to have both the opac
and the intranet sites run on port 80. My intention is to differentiate
them using just directories under a single virtualserver instance. It
looks like this should be possible based on what is being done in the
httpd.conf. Just move the appropriate lines into directory .htaccess
files under the already existing web path. My question is will this
cause any problems with the backend/scripts/utilities/etc.  If so, can
anyone point me in the direction to get started modifying things?  If
not, I'll probably end up eventually modifying the installer.pl script
on my server to accomodate this type of setup.  Is this something that I
should pass back to the Koha developer group if I do so?
Thanks very much,
Robert