[Koha] Mysql problems in Koha

Alfred Vahau Alf.Vahau at upng.ac.pg
Mon Dec 12 18:23:20 NZDT 2005

Hi,
I'm new to Koha. I came very close to a successful installation of Koha
today except I could not enter the correct root word for the mysql server
to create a koha database. According to the mysql installation manual, I
can by-pass the root password by following these steps

kill the mysql server

kill `cat /usr/local/mysql/data/kmsqlib.pid`

Then restart the server to by-pass the root password.

./mysqladmin --skip-grant-tables

If successful, this will allow me to set a new root password for the
mysql database.
My trouble is that the system does not recognize --skip-grant tables option.
How can I get it to skip the grant tables and allow me to set a new root
password.

Thanks in advance

Alfred,