[Koha] Koha vs. Mandarin M3

Fabian Kruse D0C at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 03:55:54 NZDT 2005

Hello again,

first of all thanks a lot to all the helpful and fast replies for my past
queries. It´s really great that all of you share your knowledge, helping
other people out!!

While still working on the Koha test installation (MySQL is harder than I
thought), some people came up with the idea to install the Mandarin M3 core
package, free to download at http://www.mlasolutions.com/ .
Put as I see it, you have to pay for Z39.50 (right now not important for
us), WebOPAC and a whole lot of other things annual fees - so here`s where
the company is earning money (which we do not have, and if we had it I would
prefer spending it for the donation of a new feature or bugfix in Koha...).

Anyone knows a website that compares the two systems (Mandarin and Koha)?
Or anyone has worked with the two of them and could tell me which he prefers
or about the (dis-)advantages of both of them?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers
Fabian