[Koha] z39.50 errors

William Macfarlane wmacfarl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:38:42 NZDT 2005

I'm going to add myself to the list of people who can't get the z39.50
lookup working.

I'm running Koha 2.2.4, apache 2.0.55, RedHat 9

I have started the daemon using z3950-daemon-launch

When I use the intranet interface to do z39.50 searches the popup
window eventually refreshes to "nothing found", but the z3950 log
shows a record being found and retrieved.

If I run processz3950queue on the command line I find a record and
retrieve it.  The script doesn't end -- that is to say that I am not
returned to the command line after running it... I have to ctrl-c to
would be, but it is a fact.

If I look at the database tables I see that z3950results has been
populated just fine and shows records being retrieved properly.
marc_breeding, on the other hand, remains empty.

I know a lot of people have had trouble like this -- has anyone solved anything?

thanks a bunch,
Will