[Koha] Qq. re branch libraries setting defaults; system permission levels

Steven F.Baljkas baljkas at mts.net
Thu Nov 3 14:10:43 NZDT 2005

Wednesday, November 2, 2005    19:06 CST

Greetings, all,

Sorry for bothering the listserv with these, but I am sure there are answers out there (I think I've even seen them before -- just can't remember when and what they were) and I am just not finding them on my own.

Here are the questions:

1) Is it possible for branch libraries to set themselves as the 'default' for searching in the OPAC at their locations? That is, is there a way in Koha to have a union catalogue/other branches option as well as an option for limiting searches to what is in one location (and to have that be the default at each respective location)?

2) How does one go about setting permission levels for 'staff'? In practical terms, I am trying to demonstrate aspects of Koha to library and NPO people here, and I would like to be able to let them look inside the Koha 'library' I am setting up, but not to alter settings in Item Types, Borrower Categories and the like.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sincerely,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large