[Koha] Upgrade only partially successful

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Sun Jul 31 11:57:28 NZST 2005

Well, following the advice of the list I decided to upgrade from 1.2.3
to 2.2.3, via 2.0.2

The upgrade from 1.2.3 went without a hitch and 2.0.2 seemed to run
fine. Since I wasn't planning to use MARC I answered "N" to the question
about which version of MARC I should use during the upgrade. I then went
to the System Parameters section and set "Use MARC" to "0". All seemed fine.

I then upgraded to 2.2.3 and the problems started. Again I answered "N"
to the MARC question. The upgrade seemed to run successfully, but when I
sent to the catalogue to do a search, I got an "internal server error".
The log said

 [Sun Jul 31 00:48:39 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.3] Can't use an
undefined value as a HASH reference at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm line 255., referer:
http://loki:8080/cgi-bin/koha/search.marc/search.pl?type=intranet
[Sun Jul 31 00:48:39 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.3] Premature end of
script headers: search.pl, referer:
http://loki:8080/cgi-bin/koha/search.marc/search.pl?type=intranet

Looking at this I thought that it seemed to be looking for something to
do with MARC so I went to the Parameters section to check on the system
settings..... and nothing was visible.

Can anyone help? Is it something to do with my not using MARC? Should I
roll back to 1.2.3 and then choose one of the two MARC settings instead
of "N".  I really don't know anything about MARC (but I want to use
Z39.50 searching... do I need to enable MARC to use this?)

I'm running Fedora Core 2, with perl 5.8.3

Any pointers greatfully received.

Nigel