[Koha] Regarding mapping to itemcallnumber field

Joseph Coelho SJ joecoelhosj at jesuits.net
Sat Jul 23 14:44:43 NZST 2005

Mapping 942$a tag to Koha 'itemcallnumber' field:

Since I do not know Perl programming nor do I understand what NPL
mapping is, what I am doing now to solve the Call Number problem is as
follows:

In Koha I have mapped biblioitems.classification to 942$a

After data entry is over (in batches), using SQL I update the 'items'
table using the command:
UPDATE ITEMS,BIBLIOITEMS SET ITEMS.ITEMCALLNUMBER =
BIBLIOITEMS.CLASSIFICATION WHERE ITEMS.BIBLIONUMBER =
BIBLIOITEMS.BIBLIONUMBER

This way I have the data in both the 'classification' field as well as
the 'itemcallnumber' field.

I cannot, however, search on 'Call Number' in the search window since
the 'Call Number' field (items.itemcallnumber) is not mapped to any tag.
But the details of the 'items.itemcallnumber' field DO show up in the
'Location' column when I search for books and this is good enough.

I am sure there is a shorter and easier way to handle the problem.
Anyone to enlighten me.

One other thing:
Under 'System Preferences' there is a 'Themes' menu. On my computer the
choice is 'css'. Just to find out what it meant I changed it to
'vanilla' but could not find any change in the appearance of the
screens, etc. Could anyone tell me what the 'Themes' are all about?
There is also an 'npl' option. What does NPL mean?

Good wishes
Joe Coelho SJ, Pune, India
joecoelhosj at jesuits.net