[Koha] Koha with PostgreSQL?

Jeremy Porter jeremy.porter at acadiau.ca
Fri Jul 8 00:53:58 NZST 2005

Greetings all,

I'm quite new to both Koha and this list, and though I've tried
searching through the archives it's certainly possible that I've missed
something. So, my apologies if this question has been answered before!

I'm wondering if it's at all possible to install Koha using PostgreSQL.
The Installation & Support page on the main Koha website claims that
MySQL is the preferred database, but that Postgres is an acceptable
alternative. However I haven't been able to find any instructions
relating to installing Koha using Postgres, or any other non-MySQL
relational database for that matter. So I'm wondering if this is in fact
possible, and if it is, where exactly should I start.

I don't mind reading and researching, so feel free to pass along links
to things you think might be relevant. In fact, any help, thoughts or
inklings that anyone has, would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
 - Jeremy Porter
Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia