[Koha] on item requests

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed May 25 17:00:08 NZST 2005

> what's the difference between "book bag" and place reserve?

OK they are quite different.

Book Bag is basically saving that search, or biblio to a personal "scrap
book"  which I think only lasts as long as your session - so it's a
short term quick save, and then you can mail it to yourself for later
use (in a bibliography for example).

A reserve is requesting that the library actually put that book aside
for you to come in and pick up from the library to borrow.  It's what
you do when a book is already on loan to someone else.

my current
> version is 2.2.2, on this version i can place an item on my "book bag"
> even though I'm not log-in in the system does this bug already fix in
> version 2.2.2.b?

I don't know that the folks who speced/designed book bags would see that
as a bug - but I have thought it would be nice to be able to save your
book bag to your account though.

Hth

cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams