[Koha] installer.pl on FDC3

kent kent at mail.wareham.mec.edu
Fri Apr 8 01:00:50 NZST 2005

Hello,
I've been trying to install Koha database on a FDC3 machine running Apache. The
database server is running on another server running RedHat 8.0. I am having
problems creating the connection to the MySQL server. I run the installer.pl,
all goes well till I get to the Database host where I put in the IP address.

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
256ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
exists!
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
exists!

The above is what I get when it get's to the databse creation part. It appears
that it is trying to connect to the localhost instead of the remote MySQL
server. Any suggestions?

Kent L. Nasveschuk