[Koha] Re: Koha - copyright date

kim at secondhandknowledge.net kim at secondhandknowledge.net
Sun Mar 13 07:52:41 NZDT 2005

Maybe this will help Bernadette and others.

In my Koha 2.2.1, I am able to enter 'c' and other data in 260$c, such as:
$c  c2000
$c  2000, c1999
$c  0200 [i.e., 2000]
$c  2000 Dec. 17

The marc_subfield_table's subfieldvalue is varchar 255 (which seems excessive, but...)
The MARC record retains these values! I imported records with the extra info in this
field and it's there and looks fine.

In the NPL-theme opac, it even displays *in MARC view*!
HOWEVER, it gets chomped in the normal view.
The chomping seems to take the first four numbers it finds and displays them:
  c2000  --->  2000
  2000, c1999 ---> 2000
  0200 [i.e., 2000] ---> 0200
  2000 Dec. 17 ---> 2000

So it seems that it's not a matter of Koha's MySQL structure, it's
a matter of how Koha retrieves the data and displays it.

---
Kim Scannell