[Koha] yet another installer problem

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 13:15:37 NZDT 2005

On Sun 06 Feb, Roger Horne (ie I) wrote:

> I am afraid that this is not the problem. I get the error constantly no
> matter what state Mysql is in.

I have done this:

1. mysql -p
    password: mypassword [success]
2. Delete every reference to kohaadmin from all mysql files. (Show databases
shows mysql and test only.)
3. Delete the koha directory installed on the last attempt.
4. Delete the untarred kaha-2.2.0 directory
5. Follow the instructions for 2.2.0, ie untar, change to the koha*
directory and run ./installer.pl
6. Answer all the questions, using defaults and filling in the blanks with
appropriate details. The mysql root password is entered correctly.
7. The installer croaks as before.

The result is that mysql.db and mysql.user have details for kohaadmin
entered in them (which were not there before and which presumably required
the installer to use the root mysql password) but the koha db has not been
created.

Which suggests to me that either installer/pl does not like debian or that
permissions are wrong somewhere. As I said I am trying to install on a
remote machine (using ssh) and the default owner and user are unusual. But
/.installer.pl runs without complaint.

Is there any way that I can doctor installer.pl/install.pm by substituting
fixed names etc for the existing variables?

Roger
--
Roger Horne, 11 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QB
mailto:roger at hrothgar.co.uk