[Koha] Re: Z39.50: Can't call method

David icinz at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 1 13:51:32 NZDT 2005

Chris Cormack <chris at ...> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 03:25:34AM +0000, David White said:
> > > However, after a search has been done, I get error messages such as:
> > >
> > > Can't call method "size" on an undefined value at
> > > /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/processz3950queue line 277.

> By any chance are you using Library of Congress for your z3950 server?
> I got this error when using them, but when I changed it to the National
> Library of New Zealand, it worked fine.
> I tried it with the National Library of Australia also, which also worked.
>
> It seems to be something that LOC's server is doing that the Net::Z3950
> module doesnt like.
>
> If you have time could you try a different server and see if it works ?
>
> Chris

I've tried other Z39.50 servers and they seem to working fine. So yeah, it seems
like there is something going on with LOC. It used to work so what's changed?

And while we're on LOC, can someone direct me to or let me know step by step how
I can get LOC call numbers displayed properly in the new version?

Much obliged :)