[Koha] Internal Server Error on Fedora Core 3

Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Wed Jan 5 23:31:04 NZDT 2005

Hi,

while trying to solve the problems with Z39.50 on a RedHat 9.0 box
(reported in my previous messages), I tried to install Fedora Core 3 on
another computer, and Koha 2.2.0RC5, to see whether those problems
depended on the operating system.

I performed a standard installation of Fedora Core 3, and closely followed
Joshua Ferraro's instructions on www.kohadocs.org (more or less equivalent
to the procedures I followed on RedHat 9.0).

Result: Koha gets installed without any problem, but on calling the very
first page with mozilla:

http://localhost:8080

("Welcome to Koha" flashes rapidly, and then) it moves to

http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl

However, this gives an "Internal Server Error". (Error logs do not provide
much more insight.)

Any user (including apache, with sudo -u apache) can execute from shell
the above script, which produces the expected html output. So, I guess
it's a problem with the Apache configuration.

What is strange to me, is that httpd.conf and koha-httpd.conf in my Fedora
3 box looks pretty much the same as httpd.conf/koha-httpd.conf in my
RedHat 9.0 box. Nor have I made any other change to the standard
configuration of Fedora.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Giuseppe.