[Koha] How to use Item callnumbers and Branch categories

Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Mon Jan 3 03:31:36 NZDT 2005

Hi Stephen,

> I have to admit, I don't understand how a branch category relates in any
> way to bibliographic information.

Thanks for your kind attention and answer, which clarifies to me the scope
of Branch categories.

For some reason, I ended up by confusing and mixing the roles and scopes
of "Item types" (well described by BWS Johnson's very helpful "Koha. A
newbie's guide", which I am following), and "Branch categories", which
were not covered by Johnson's guide - simply because they are probably a
feature of newer releases of Koha.

(I had, for some reasons, speculated about the possibility of having
different branches of a same library dealing each with different subjects
or even item types, e.g. books or CDs.)

Thanks again.

Giuseppe.