No subject

Wed Nov 16 16:49:50 NZDT 2005

discussed this there was a suggestion of calling open source software
"Freedom Software" to try and differentiate it from software that is simply
free of cost.

Open Source advocates are no less ideological - I made this clear at the AGM
of the NZOSS. The NZOSS actually represents both the point of view of the
Open Source and Free Software - since the basic principle - freedom - is a
common concept.

Ultimatly - as I found today in a presentation to the New Zeland Computer
Society in Wellington about Open Source - there needs to be more education
about what open source and free software is about. The ideology can't be
ignored.

Regards,

Peter