No subject

Wed Nov 16 16:49:50 NZDT 2005

[--snip--]
> > It seems in acquisionting page, the dewey number can not take
> > anything with letters. It can only take numbers. That is the
> > reason why I ask how did this J get into
> > http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/ dewey part?

> I suspect for HLT it actually came in with their big data
> import - but they may also use a different acquisitions module
> to you - they use the full acquisitions within the library,
> where as at the moment on the demo site I think it is the
> simple acquisitions that is running.
>
> However it sounds like you might have found a bug between
> the two systems - because I'd have thought you could enter
> in the same info in both.

I know it is bad manners to answer your own question - especially if you
don't know the answer :) - but here goes attempt #1"

" Subject:  [Koha] Dewey entry
  Date:     Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:42:50 +1000
  From:     Roger Buck <rog at saas.nsw.edu.au>
  To:       koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

 I am in the process of migrating items from our
 current library system into koha and I have a
 question about Koha Dewey entries.

 When adding Dewey entry for new biblio I note two
 fields:  "Dewey" and "Dewey Subclass"

 All our current entries follow this format:

 JSM 428.007 WEN
 JSM 362.2 TOP
 JSM 170 VER

 ...and so on...

 What is the correct way to enter above data into
 the Koha Dewey field(s)?