[Koha] Obtaining MARC21 records

Harry Jackson h.jackson at acu.ac.uk
Sat Dec 11 03:18:28 NZDT 2004

Christopher M. Jones wrote:
> Its a small private Christian school (Jr. High + High) for at-risk
> African American boys from the New Orleans housing developments. We've
> got a room with shelves and boxes of donated books, and no money in the
> budget to hire anyone to be a librarian. I'm just an English teacher who
> knows something about computers and found Koha one day.
>
> ANYTHING you have that might help is welcome :-)

How much Perl do you know? I could write a simple script to fetch from a
server but you would need to have a machine with Perl (preferably Linux)
and at least the following modules installed.

Carp
Net::Z3950
MARC::Record

There is no point in me writing it if you are unable to use it so let me
know and I will knock something up and I am sure someone can then
improve on it.

Harry