[Koha] Friendly not time sensitive request

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Nov 20 08:38:52 NZDT 2004

On 2004-11-19 18:50:17 +0000 BWS Johnson <mhelman at illinoisalumni.org>
wrote:

> Salvete!

Malkomunaj vetoj!

> to merge my patrons' mailing information with a preextent Excel
> mailing
> list.[...] This would allow me to save an awful lot of time.

Do you have anything in the Excel mailing list which would uniquely
identify them in the records koha keeps? If so, the basic shape of an
obvious solution is reading the Excel file (either save it as CSV, or
use a perl module that reads Excel directly) and using that info to
write update commands on the koha user MySQL tables.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
  Unsolicited attachments to the pipex address deleted
Will HLF fund tree-killings? http://www.thewalks.co.uk/