[Koha] cost of koha

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Nov 19 01:54:04 NZDT 2004

Andrés Tarallo a écrit :

> I've misunderstood the question. First of all you should have clear what
> you're looking for, the desired features.
>
> Then you make a comparison chart with the packages you may find more
> suitables, and take into account an estimation of the cost of making
> them work in the way you're expecting. And you make a decison.

I had misunderstood the question too.
I won't speak of features, I will speak of numbers.
Koha 2.2 is 247 000 lines of code, 5 years of work. Work of 30
developpers (16 of them having commited more than 1000 lines of code,
the 1st being me with 133 000 lines, the 2nd chris (from Katipo) with 40
000 lines, the 3rd being steve (canada, has left the project now) with
30 000 lines). Just for history purposes : the lowest commiter has
submitted 2 lines of code (saas), but it's our wiki provider, so he is
involved in Koha in another way !

PS : numbers excluding translator work, that is not small (for example,
3 persons for french 2.2)

--
Paul POULAIN