[Koha] using the cuecat with bought barcodes?

jared jennings jjenning at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 18 09:41:01 NZDT 2004

hi, i'm the sort of IT go-to person for a small college library for
which i've set up Koha.

i added some javascript to the templates so you can scan barcodes using
the cuecat, without changing any of the perl (not for barcodes,
anyway). (i've been meaning to put up a patch you can apply somewhere,
but haven't. anyone want it?)

now my librarian is about to purchase professionally made barcodes, and
wants to know they'll work before she spends hundreds of US$ on them.
i'm only really worried that we'll find they are printed too small and
the cuecats won't read them, and i haven't been able to find any
sufficiently technical specs.

so is anyone using the cuecat with professional (e.g., 1" x 2", er,
2.5cm x 5cm) barcode stickers? has anyone tried and failed?