[Koha] Getting records from breeding farm into the catalog en masse.

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Fri Nov 5 16:30:07 NZDT 2004

Bigwood, David wrote:
> I have made our catalog of MARC records available for anyone who wants them for testing.
 > The file contains about 22,000 records containing about 53,000 items.

Thanks for that. I used MarcEdit to dump to a text file and can see each
fields and what it contains very easily now. I have also used the web
based import tool to import your lpi.mrc into the "Breeding Farm". It
took a while. I can now see that there are lots of records in the
marc_breeding table.

I now have the same problem as when I imported the single record that
Steven Baljkas sent me which I imported; it's in the breeding farm but
how to move them all to the catalog?

I can do it for a single entry if I go to "Add biblio" and enter an ISBN
  number e.g. Here is what I have learned:
This line in Davids marc records is an ISBN
=020  \\$a0821204505
If I search for this in 'Add biblio' up comes the book on 'The scanning
electron microscope' in the breeding farm. I can add it and it shows the
marc fields, which I can edit, before adding it to the catalog.

But how do I get the thousands of entries from the breeding farm into
the catalog?

Mike
--
Michael Lake
Chemistry, Materials & Forensic Science, UTS

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If