[Koha] How to get MARC biblio export to work? 2.0.1RC1

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Wed Nov 3 12:15:19 NZDT 2004

MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-11-02 06:26:25 +0000 Michael Lake <Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> loaded the sample data and so I have biblio info in there - I can
>> search for and find it. But when I click Export it just saves an empty
>> 'marc.pl' file. I expected lots of MARC stuff.
>

> I'll take a look at this when testing 2.0.2beta0. It used to work.
>
>> If I goto: koha/intranet/cgi-bin/export and try
>>
>> export$ perl -I /home/rsnsw/koha/intranet/modules ./marc.pl
>> I get:
>> DBI connect(':','',...) failed: Access denied for user:
>> 'mikel at localhost' (Using password: NO) at
>> /home/rsnsw/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 368
>

> You may need to put KOHACONF=/hoem/rsnsw/koha.conf on the start of that
> line, as it looks like Context.pm isn't finding the login details. This
> is a direct connect, so I think my.cnf hasn't anything to do with it.

My koha.conf is still in /etc/koha.conf
I see in Context.pm that there is
	"use constant CONFIG_FNAME => "/etc/koha.conf";
so that should be fine.
The koha directory is under a /home/rsnsw/ user.

I can see though that /etc/koha.conf wasn't readable by the user rsnsw
so I have changed for now the permissions of koha.conf to be readable
(it's not a production system yet).
I no longer get the DBI connect error. I get:
Can't locate object method 'config' via package C4::Context at Output.pm
line 78. I can see that config is a defined method in Context.pm and
there is a 'use Context;' in Output.pm so it should have found it.

The error is prob something else unrelated.
I'd best get some real work done and get back to looking at this later
:-) Any ideas in the meantime appreciated.

Mike
--
Michael Lake
Chemistry, Materials & Forensic Science, UTS

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If