[Koha] 2.0.0 release date

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 23:32:52 NZDT 2004

Hi,

My goal here is to ask for a 2.0.0 release date. It may sound strange to
have the Release Manager asking users for a release date, but let me
explain :
The 2.1.3 works fine since some weeks in EMN, in France.
My opinion is that the 2.1.3 can be used in production. Not 100% bug
free with a UNIMARC DB, but works.
The question is : how works 2.1.3 with a MARC21 installation ?
Important question, but I don't know it's answer yet. Nelsonville or
Katipo, did you do some tests ?

So, when do you think I could publish a 2.2.0RC1 in the stable tree ?

My opinion is ASAP : I don't want to wait for months like I did for
2.0.0. As I said previously, I realize delaying the 2.0.0 version had a
very bad effect on french libraries, that didn't want to install
2.0.0RCx, thinking it was too unstable.
The DB schema didn't change from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 and still has no change.
I think this is the most important point : the DB IS stable, so Koha is
on the road to be stable.
Feel free to argue if you don't agree & have any other opinion/idea.

--
Paul POULAIN