[Koha] Where's the Dewey - CLARIFICATION NEEDED!!

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Oct 20 20:30:48 NZDT 2004

Steven F. Baljkas a écrit :

>What I meant wasn't that. I am suggesting that there be a default tag for
>the local call number used (in the definition of MARC tags) already in Koha
>when one downloads it.
>
>For groups that are new to MARC and thus have no records to convert over, it
>would be very simple to accept a preset location for the local call number.

I 10000% agree with this. Better : the installer in 2.2 provide ways to
do this. You can select and "import" various files. In UNIMARC, there
are already 3 (outdated, I must update them), and i'll add many as soon
as I find interesting things.
For example, for christian UNIMARC library, i will add soon the file to
have beginning-of-isbn / christian editors / collections already when
you install Koha. Thus, a christian library will immediatly have a
working nice plugin to "magically" find the editor and the collection
list when the isbn is typed.
ANY file can be provided through this structure.

SO :
Any library with a MARC21 well working install should export it's
marc_*_structure tables and send them to me (with some explanations).
same thing for authorities, z3950 server list, or ANYTHING else

(note : the export must just be done through a "mysqldump -c -ulogin -p
KOHA_DB Table1ToDump Table2ToDump"
the -c (complete) is important in case of a DB change

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN