[Koha] Currency on Items

Baljkas Family baljkas at mts.net
Thu Oct 7 11:11:24 NZDT 2004

Wednesday, October 6, 2004     16:50 CDT

Hi, Andres,

Sorry for being flippant about the exchange rate data.

If you wish to record such data, it is certainly within the scope of the 020$c (ISBN, qualifying info) to do so. Someone can correct me, but I am fairly certain it would be okay to code as in the following example:
020 __ $a0201696967 $c$24.95 (CAD)
020 __ $a0201696967 $c$17.95 (USD; exchange rate)

I've seen cataloguing copy where just the $c was entered in, just to track price data. I was taught that cataloguers should always have the $a (just to reinforce what incarnation of the text we are talking about) so I always do that, but one of the examples at LC contradicts that teaching, so you should be allowed to adapt $c for your local usages.

Again, sorry for being flippant before about exchange rates. I am very sympathetic to your libraries' expenses in importing books and other materials. It is a major issue in academic libraries in Canada, too.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte