[Koha] USA Road Trip Update

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Oct 5 16:37:48 NZDT 2004

Hi all

I thought I'd catch you up on where we actually got to on our trip...

We spent a day being jetlagged in san Francisco - basically trying to stay awake :-)

Then drove to Yosemite to see the trees - very big, very cool.

Stayed in a TENT - freezing!  and heard them scaring away b ears in the carpark - woke
up in fright in the night

Went on to Ely Navada over the taiaga pass - very high, snow, great views.

Stayed in Ely - Nice folks at the SubWay where we had breakfast, but horrible coffee -
got into unintentional argument with the nice girl and her boss about how espresso
coffee isn't supposeed to be a huge cup of milky coffee - ho humm...

Went to great basin national park - cute, saw dear, cave, really old bristlecone pines -
got gently snowed on which was fun

Went to Utah - stayed in Payston, nice food from the charming one man band diner, and
then good breakfast recommended by hotel receptionist because we overslept for the free
breaky.

Did more utah than we meant to because we took ar wrong turn at Everston, so ended up in
Logan, rather than at the monument we meant to go to

Drove to Teton and Yellowstone, saw more elk antlers than is really good for someone,
and stayed in historic hotel .because  there wasn't anywhere else - oh and saw old
faithful blow

Got up early, saw bison, saw Elk, saw lots and lots more bison, saw a black bear and her
2 cubs, and yet more  bison....

Drove to Billings montana, over beartooth pass/mountains

Stayedin billings, and went to find pictographs today but couldn't find them, so
basically walked about in the desert which was fun

And tommorrow we fly to pitsburgh for a week.

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams
General Manager, Katipo Communications
PO Box 12487, Wellington, New Zealand