[Koha] MICRO CDS/ISIS import into Koha?

Baiju M baijum81 at lycos.com
Sat Oct 9 17:56:14 NZDT 2004

I think CDS/ISIS version 1.3.x onwards has support for exporting data
as XML, but I failed to export data as XML from 1.3.x of CSS/ISIS.
If you cannot export data as XML from old CDS/ISIS versions, first import the data into
newer version of CDS/ISIS (1.4 or later). I think most the libraries will be using
some third party ISIS pascal based software for management of library activities (circulation, cataloging etc.),
All these data can be exported as ISO 2709 (CCF?), now you can import this into ISIS 1.4 or 1.5.x
and then export it as XML.

I think a large number of ISIS users will be migrating to Koha by next few years.
The document available in the wiki is not sufficiant for a quick migration, I will try to
imrove it, I expect contribution from other users who migrated to Koha from ISIS.

Stephen, what about icluding the ISIS migration document in the standard Koha document as
an appendix?

Regards,
Baiju M