[Koha] Koha Documentation Structure

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Mon Oct 4 10:45:49 NZDT 2004

I have attached a file called "koha_docs_structure" which contains an
outline for all of the Koha documentation.  This is _not_ the
documentation itself, but a description of the structure that will be used
to organize the documents.  (If you have trouble with the attachment, you
should be able to find this file on Sourceforge at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/koha/koha-doc/ within the next few
days.)

The outline contains some words in brackets <Like This> that are names for
document containers.  Many of these containers simply hold other
containers.  Only the text that is not enclosed by brackets (for example,
"Description in English") refers to an actual document.

The goal is to have a place for every type of Koha-related document.  If
you have Koha-related documents that do not seem to have a place in the
structure, please let me know.  If you can think of some possible
Koha-related documents that do not seem to have a place in the structure,
please let me know.

It is not intended that we have a document that matches every document
described.  But it is intended that every document that gets submitted can
be easily "plugged in" to this document structure.

I will be retrieving existing documents, such as Nicholas Rosasco's "Koha
Manual," converting them to XML, and fitting them into this structure.
All documents will be stored in XML format, but you can submit documents
in any format that is comfortable for you.  (XML was chosen as the format
for storage because it is basic and can easily be converted to many other
formats using a wide variety of tools.)

I will also be looking through old e-mail messages for relevant
information, and may contact some e-mail writers and ask that they expand
their comments into a document that can be used as part of the Koha
documentation.

If you would like to submit a document, please include the following
statement in the document:

    "This document is copyrighted (c) 2004 by <your name here>.  Unless
otherwise stated, Koha documents are copyrighted by their respective
authors.
     Koha-related documents may be reproduced and distributed in whole or
in part, in any medium physical or electronic, as long as this
copyright notice is retained on all copies.
     You may create a derivative work and distribute it provided that you:
1. Send your derivative work to the Koha Project for possible posting on
the Internet.
2. License the derivative work with this same license, or the Linux
Documentation Project License (http://www.tldp.org/manifesto.html), or the
GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html). Include
a copyright notice and at least a pointer to the license used.
3. Give due credit to previous authors and major contributors.
     Commercial redistribution is allowed and encouraged; however, the
author would like to be notified of any such distributions.  Please
check your local laws on copyright."

OK, that's it.  All comments or suggestions for improvement are welcome.

---
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions