[Koha] Koha Documentation Project

Tim McMahon - West Liberty Public Library tmcmahon at wlpl.org
Wed Sep 29 04:29:34 NZST 2004

Stephen Hedges wrote:

>"Temporary records" is a term I hadn't considered, simply because of my
>past experience with a commercial ILS which used this term for items that
>were temporarily added to the regular catalog -- like InterLibrary Loan
>items or magazines.  (We had a stack of "temporary item" barcodes on cards
>which we clipped to the item at circulation time.  When the item was
>returned, the temporary item record was automatically deleted from the
>catalog.)  But Koha has no such capability, of course, and maybe I
>happened to hit the one commercial ILS system in the whole world that does
>have this capability!  Has anyone else had the same experience?

We do this in our current system.  Scan the barcode on the card and it
pops up with an uncataloged item dialog with one input box.  We type the
title and where the book came from.  It's out of the system when it's
checked back in.

How do you deal with this now that you're using Koha?

--
Tim McMahon
Technical Services