[Koha] web sites, was: Meeting Notes

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Sep 24 12:31:52 NZST 2004

On 2004-09-22 13:39:41 +0100 Mike Mylonas <mike at dragon-is.co.nz> wrote:

> My primary goal is to see the www.koha.org site become the pre-eminant
> site for all Koha related information.

Please reconsider. I think this aim puts www.koha.org in conflict with
almost all the other Koha sites. Many of them are trying to be the
best site for their chosen type of information about Koha.

> There is a lot of good
> information spread around the internet (with sites like your own), and
> it will be great if we can centrally collate/organise the majority of
> this information.

Great indeed, but remember: "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped,
indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!" My site is my own.

Basically, I'll share with you if you share with me. At the moment,
things like the koha logo are restricted use and most of the koha site
is the default copyright (all rights reserved), as far as I can tell.
That's very annoying when making publicity materials at short notice
and part of the motive for my Koha England microsite: anyone can use
its text, although I like being credited.

Another motive is to help other turuloj follow what's happening with
http://www.ttllp.co.uk/koha/#devel

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk