[Koha] Re: Questions about Koha

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 23:10:12 NZST 2004

On Tue 21 Sep, Library wrote:

> i try it ,but its not working ,i am here forwarding the copy of the
> settings to you ,please chech it if there is any problem in how to set the
> Z39.50 server:
> Site	           Hostname      Port  Database	       checked  Rank
>
> WWW.INDEXDATA.COM  213.150.43.11  80  www.indexindia.com      1  1
>
> is it correct

I think that you may have been talking at cross-purposes. The Koha Intranet
parameters page refers to "Z39.50 Servers" but it means remote servers which
you want to query. I think that the servers that Stephen Hedges was
referring to are those which you would instal on your own site.

The "Z39.50 ervers Admin" page on my Koha installation contains entries
such as (unformatted):

Hostname  Port  Database  Userid  Password  Checked  Rank  Syntax
LibraryOfCongress  z3950.loc.gov  7090  voyager  1  1  MARC21

SCHOOL OF ADVANCED  STUDIES  library.sas.ac.uk  210  INNOPAC 1  2  MARC21

LONDON  SCHOOL OF  ECONOMICS  catalogue.lse.ac.uk  2200  UNICORN  1  3
MARC21

OPEN  UNIVERSITY  library2.open.ac.uk  7090  VOYAGER  1  4  MARC21

You will find a list of targets at eg http://www.indexdata.dk/targettest/
and http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/distributed-systems/zdir/ . Some you will find
just don't work, but others do.

Roger
--
Roger Horne
11 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QB, UK
roger at hrothgar.co.uk
http://www.hrothgar.co.uk/